Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Face Bigelow #57 - Face Time On Iraq


News inspired: Patraeus testimony on Iraq. Two days in a row, something must be wrong with me. I also changed the font back to Comic Sans against the wishes of the comic artist community at Half Pixel. They say it is overused and too amateurish, but I am an amateur and my drawing stinks so why not use a bad font too?

I really like Patraeus. When they were playing this live on NPR this morning I was listening to the questioning and wondering if these congressmen could ever get anything done. The questions were so long a drawn out I was ready for a nap by the time they asked a question that had already been answered. Things like this require satire.

Transcript:
Big: General Petraeus, I'm a congressman in Washington and I have the microphone, so I'm going to talk and maybe come up with a question...
Big: I like to talk really really slooow so I can make less decisions each day since most of them are bad decisions and run on sentences tend to slow the process even more...
Big: I would of course like to thank the men and women of the military, but let me get back to myself and maybe a question...
Big: Since I think I voted on this isue many many years ago, please tell me how it's going...
Petraeus: I answered that in my opening statement, but let me waste my time and repeat...

I don't know how Patraeus does it. He said he's been on duty away from home for four and a half years since this started. An extra two hours of senseless questions during this testimony would have to be the straw that breaks the camel's back!

No comments: