Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Face Bigelow #62 - Economics Of Ethanol



I actually did this one weeks ago when I started hearing that the costs of wheat and corn were doubling. I didn't do the drawing, just the text which I do on the front of the calendar pages, then turn them over and draw them. This one I drew directly to digital using the Wacom Tablet. I think I can do better with the drawing, but I do try to get these done quick as I've got a ton going on. I also think it is more about the commentary than the drawings anyway, but I welcome your comments on the topic.

Transcript:
Big: Hey Victor, check this out.
Big: The government is paying me an incentive to make 100 gallons of ethanol with 110 gallons of oil.
Big: The nice thing is that the price of wheat and corn have skyrocketed.
Victor: To bad we can no longer afford to eat.

1 comment:

wooD said...

Just FYI, my numbers are backwards. It is 110 barrels of ethanol made with 100 barrels of oil. Either way you look at it, it seems crazy to convert food into fuel.